Hold your breath is one of the most important aspects of becoming a diver free good. Free diving to explore the water without using an air supply with them. Usually, only one of the foundations of absolute dive equipment (fins, mask, snorkel and weight).
The divers free media can hold their breath for about two minutes before having to surface. Although you may be holding your breath while reading this article, it is interesting to note that it is actually easier to hold your breath while diving mammals because of reflection. Mammalian diving reflex (mainly active when the cold water comes into contact face) causes the body to cut the rate of movement, thus reducing the use of oxygen, in which case the person hold his breath longer.
So what is the urge to breathe? A lot of things actually. When you are deprived of fresh air, a lot of alarm bells start ringing in your body. Interestingly, however, it is not the lack of oxygen (O2), but the accumulation of carbon dioxide (CO2) that causes an urge to breathe. Professional divers, sometimes hyper-ventilate before diving, try to clear carbon dioxide from their lungs as much as possible. This method is strongly opposed to those who are not professional divers and under supervision, as it massively increases the chances of failure generally shallow quickly followed by drowning.
How can I keep my breath longer?
If you are going to increase long can you hold your breath, there are some basics that you are going to want to do before you get an education.
- If you smoke – stop! Quitting smoking greatly increase the amount of oxygen that can absorb and how is your organization.
- Make sure you are physically fit: What does a cardiovascular work: running, swimming, cycling. All these exercises will increase the efficiency and strength of your heart and lungs.
- Eat well and sleep well: It seems that the role of your mother, but the exercise is pretty pointless if you give your body the fuel and the rest must be done.
- Learn the techniques recliner: Part of a holder of spiritual good means being able to control your body. Sara Campbell, record holder for snorkeling places much of its success in yoga.
Breath holding training
One of the biggest challenges to hold their breath in the body to adapt and to cope with oxygen deprevation emotional. A popular training technique is to walk apnea.
This consists of the preparation “breathe-up,” followed by a short (usually 1 minute) to take a breath at rest. Breaking the hold, a participant, then start to walk as far as possible, until it becomes necessary to breathe again. Athletes can do about 400 meters in training this way.
This technique allows the body to learn to deal with the CO2 to build and train the muscles to work anaerobically. It ‘also very easy to track progress, because you only need to travel as it can while holding the breath.
Maintains breathing technique
- Step 1: Breathe slowly (5 seconds) and out (5 seconds) for a period of 2 minutes. This will clear your lungs of low quality / high CO2 in the air. Make sure you focus on pushing every last bit of air!
- Step 2: With a partner supervision: Inhale quickly around the 80% of their lung capacity and breath holding. It is important to be accompanied at this stage as it is possible to lose consciousness.
- Step 3: When you get to the point where you feel you need to breathe, begin exhaling slowly.
- Step 4: focus on moving as little as possible and stay calm, it will lower your body’s requirement for oxygen.
- Step 5: If you feel the need to breathe, get up to oxygen.
That’s it! Finally, I think it bears repeating – do not try to breathe on his own now!